DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE! SUGAR IS STILL BAD FOR YOU

Medical and Healthy Thoughts of the Week
Weight Loss
powered by

My Blog

DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE! SUGAR IS STILL BAD FOR YOU

Thought I should share this wonderful Article:

As the Medical Director of The Center for Medical Weight Loss and longtime practitioner of its medical weight loss program, I feel it is my responsibility to my patients and to those suffering from weight issues everywhere to respond to any obesity-related events that have suspicious or confusing overtones. Last week, the New York Times reported one such piece of news about the launch of a new non-profit organization called the Global Energy Balance Network. I feel that this non-profit sends a dangerous message about weight management that will ultimately lead to very serious and costly health issues for those who believe it.

There Global Energy Balance Network promotes the argument that the root cause of obesity is not tied to the volume or quality of the foods we eat, but rather due to low levels of physical activity. Through “science-based research” they conclude that our energy (in the form of calories in and calories out) is out of balance, and that the real solution is for you is to work exponentially harder at the gym to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.

This is utter insanity.

Notwithstanding the volumes of clinical research proving that successful weight loss begins with food choices, the most important reason to reject this organization’s message is because of who is backing it. As the New York Times reported, the Coca-Cola Company, the world’s leader insugary beverage production, is a major contributor to the Global Energy Balance Network. It should be no surprise that Coca-Cola is resorting to such tactics. The company’s sales have been declining due to the public’s growing awareness of the serious harm sugary beverages can do. When that happens, it, and companies like it, rev up the public relations engine to try to confuse the real science.

And the real science behind the harmful effects of sugar is clear. When your body is not overloaded with sugar, its natural metabolic processes can act as designed. You’ll have more energy, experience less illness, maintain strong bones and teeth (not to mention fewer cavities), and of course, thrive at a healthy weight.

Of course physical activity is a critical part of any weight loss (and especially weight maintenance) program. But it is not the definitive solution or answer to your weight loss prayers. Don’t let Coca-Cola or any food company try to persuade you differently. Trust in your medical providers and the real facts about how weight loss works.

Dr. Matthew G. Pinto
Medical Director, The Center for Medical Weight Loss

10 Comments to DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE! SUGAR IS STILL BAD FOR YOU :

Comments RSS
Essay on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:40 PM
Seems you are doing everything in a very systematic way. It is really very good actually. Thank you!!
Reply to comment

apply now! on Thursday, July 21, 2016 8:40 AM
What do you think about fructose? Could it be bad for my health? I am trying to eat this product not sugar.
Reply to comment

http://www.writingservices4me.com/ on Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:59 AM
If you want to lose weight, you should think about the fact that you need to exclude from your diet sweet, sugary and flour products
Reply to comment

http://findwritingservice.com/blog/category/services/page/4 on Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:24 AM
Sugar is very harmful to your health, so it is very strict to control the sugar intake daily.
Reply to comment

buy jackets online on Friday, September 08, 2017 10:40 PM
It is superb content I thought and even I was searching similar this subject articles for knowing about it. And I truly enjoyed to read plus collected a tremendous information about it.
Reply to comment

assignment writing company on Sunday, September 10, 2017 11:30 PM
Go through a few sample if doubtful about how you should keep. A good grade is ensured with an interesting topic and your facts of how to
Reply to comment

professional essay writers online on Monday, September 11, 2017 10:50 PM
Who is up for such a task,as carrying the cross of christ?the better way to speaking spreads knowledge of him. Those who love something or someone darkest place spreading the knowledge deeds,keep it up.
Reply to comment

www.bestessaypoint.co.uk on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 6:04 AM
Excellent read, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work
Reply to comment

help on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:34 PM
Incredible post. Articles that have significant and savvy remarks are more agreeable, at any rate to me. It’s fascinating to peruse what other individuals thought and how it identifies with them or their customers, as their point of view could help you later on.
Reply to comment

http://edit-it.org/ on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:46 AM
I'm glad that you decided to share this article with us since I was very interested in reading this information.
Reply to comment